BEHL Operating Procedures
Updated Saturday September 8, 2018 by Best Ever Hockey League (BEHL).
BEHL Operating Procedures
The Best Ever Hockey League (BEHL) is a no-hit ice hockey league in SKAHL, a division of Sno-King, and therefore subject to all SKAHL rules and policies. Membership is subject to all SKAHL membership rules, such as USA hockey registration.
BEHL Executive Committee
The BEHL Executive Committee (the “Board”) has no financial authority and serves purely a coordinating and administrative function.
- The Board shall consist of a President, Vice President, and Secretary.
- The BOD shall receive a discount the equivalent to league fees for one skater each session, split among the number of BOD members. With a President, Vice President, and Secretary, the discount for each member would be 33%.
- The Board can choose to appoint interim Board members in the event of a vacancy.
- The Board shall decide on appointments of committees.
- The Board shall serve as the primary liaison with Sno-King.
- Registration of a previously suspended player will be at the discretion of the Board and Team Managers.
- Team Managers shall be consulted for any league-wide decisions, and if needed, all league members shall be polled.
Duties of the Board Members
The President shall:
- Preside at all BEHL meetings.
- Be chairperson of the Executive Committee.
- Call extra meetings, appoint committees not otherwise provided for, and fill protem vacancies as specified.
- Communicate with team managers and league
- Perform the duties of the Vice President in their absence.
- Organize activities outside of BEHL league play that involve the league membership. This will include scheduling tournaments or other BEHL group functions.
- Conduct annual inventory and update BEHL equipment locker.
- Interface with Sno-King
- Season dates and cost
- Setting up registration
- Making sure subs are registered with USA Hockey
- Determine amount of anticipated BEHL expenses and add to Sno-King cost
The Vice President shall:
- Oversee and coordinate the efforts of all major committees.
- Perform the duties of the President in his absence.
- Field player conduct complaints.
- Supervise all disciplinary actions.
- Communication with refs/scorekeepers.
- Coordinate BEHL website requirements with Secretary.
- Maintain all active player ratings.
The Secretary shall:
- Keep minutes of all Executive Committee and other business meetings.
- Coordinate maintenance of league website and email distribution lists.
- Create season schedule and import to League Toolbox
- Register players and teams in League Toolbox
- Create teams in League Toolbox, adding managers
- Maintain and publish eligible substitution list to all Team Managers and BOD members.
- Maintain all required documents of the club.
Election of Board Members
- The President, Vice President, and Secretary shall be filled by election. Elections shall be staggered across two years. The President shall be elected in January of odd numbered years, the Vice President shall be elected in September of odd numbered years, and the Secretary shall be elected in May of even numbered years.
- The term of office shall be two years. There is no term limit but re-election is required.
- No person is eligible to hold office that is not an active member of BEHL.
- Only one member of a family is eligible to hold a position on the Board at any given election cycle.
- Only one officer on a team.
- All elections shall be by secret ballot.
- Office vacancies of the President, Vice President, and Secretary must be filled within 60 days of vacancy either by appointment by the Board or special election.
- No Board member shall receive any salary or wages by reason of office.
- Volunteers can only run for one Board position per election.
- No officer shall be a team manager at the same time as serving on the Board.
Team managers shall:
- Ensure that the team has a goalie each week.
- Ensure that the team has enough players each week.
- Coordinate with the other team manager to ensure that the game is competitive.
- Turn in a roster to the score keeper.
- Assume the role of Captain for the game, organize the team, communication with the refs.
- Attend team manger meetings to help coordinate teams and season.
- Communicate league information to the team.
- Be a point of contact should any team members have issues to report.
- Be a good example as a team player and a good sportsperson at all times.
- There shall be an Executive Committee
- There shall be a Disciplinary Committee
- The BEHL Disciplinary Committee will consist of the Vice President and two team managers.
- The Vice President is responsible for following the Disciplinary Process as documented on the league website.
- Players in the BEHL shall abide by all SKAHL Rule and Regulations.
- The SKAHL Disciplinary Committee shall adhere to the same standards and procedures as those defined for the SKAHL Disciplinary Committee.
- Other committees will be created by the board as needed.
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.